Aldeburgh Golf ClubSaxmundham Road, Aldeburgh, IP15 5PE, United Kingdom
Sporting Days Out - Golf
Tel 01728 452 890
About Aldeburgh Golf Club
The Championship Course
Aldeburgh's Championship Course is built on sandy heathland but has the feel of a links on many of the holes. A visit in the winter is particularly enjoyable as the course plays beautifully with no preferred lies, temporary tees or greens.
• The Championship Course is for competent golfers with handicap certificates
• The Championship Course is solely for two ball golf in singles or foursomes
• Traditional golfing dress is requested. Tailored shorts must be matched with knee length socks. Jeans, tee shirts and trainers are not acceptable
• Rounds are generally played within 3 hours
• It is always advisable to book before your arrival and it is essential for weekend golf
• Green fees should be paid to the Club Professional prior to play
• Payment of green fees provides full access to the Club House and its facilities
Booking for the Championship Course
Individuals or small groups (up to 8 players) wishing to play the Championship Course are requested to telephone the Professional's Shop on 01728 453309.
Larger groups or societies are requested to telephone the Secretary's office on 01728 452890.
The River Course
The River Course stands on the other side of the Saxmundham Road to the Clubhouse and Championship Course. It has nine interesting holes with challenging, sloping greens and a selection of interesting par 4s and par 3s.
There are no bunkers but stands of old pines, gorse and other natural hazards combine to make the course an interesting challenge to the experienced golfer whilst still being entirely suitable for the novice or beginner.
The River Course is available to visitors at any time that the Professional's Shop is open.
• Beginners and novices welcome
• No handicap certificate required
• 3 and 4 ball play permitted
• Clubs available for hire from the Professional's shop
• Green fees are to be paid to the Professional prior to play
• Payment of green fees does not provide access to the Clubhouse or its facilities
"And for anyone who, given the choice between a literary talk in Aldeburgh and a round of golf, would guiltily opt for the latter, the Aldeburgh Golf Club is within easy reach and, as important, notably friendly and un-stuffy". Craig Brown in 'The Oldie magazine '.
East Suffolk's Heritage Coast is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Aldeburgh, at the heart of this lovely part of the country, is only some two hours from central London.
The town is an ideal centre for an active holiday, particularly a golfing break. The course at Thorpeness, designed by James Braid, is very close to Aldeburgh and the two courses are a challenging and interesting golfing destination, particularly in winter.
Slightly further afield are the heathland courses at Woodbridge and Ipswich which are also built on sandy, fast draining soil ideal for golf.
The Secretary-Bill Beckett
Aldeburgh Golf Club
Telephone 01728 452890
Email: [email protected]
- 5 Star Rating
- Spike Bar
- Open - All Year
- Open - Christmas
- Open - Easter
- Open - New Year
- Free Parking
- Disabled Friendly
- Guide Dogs Accepted
- Golf Cart Hire
- Trolley Hire
This information is provided by the advertiser. We cannot accept responsibilty for any incorrect information published by the advertiser.